Thursday 12 July 2007

Being Hungover Is Rubbish...

Yesterday I had the worst hangover I've had since I was a teenager.
To make it even more unbearable, I had to go to work. I told my manager that I was still drunk, sorry about that. Unlike every other manager in the country, he didn't send me home. If it hadn't been for my girlfriend covering for me all afternoon, nothing would've got done.

What happened was that a very good friend of mine is getting married on Friday (The Thirteenth!). It was his Wife to Be's hen night and we thought we'd go along for a few hours, to say hi really as we don't see enough of them. We ended up in town. I Really Don't Like town. However, because of the smoking ban, everywhere was totally dead so it wasn't all that bad. Unfortunately, I accidentally drank about 3 litres of cocktails. I was absolutely fine one moment, and very much not so the next. I don't remember getting home.

Apparently we went back to my friend's house where I was very loud and annoying and saying the same thing over and over again. Luckily for me, my friends are very good friends and love me very much so no major damage done. Plus I was mainly saying how much I love them and how beautiful their son is, and even though I was annoying, it's not the sort of thing that people are cross with you about the next day after a heavy night.

My girlfriend was sober and can remember everything which is a pain. Luckily for me, she has the patience of a saint and wasn't too cross with me the next day. She was not happy about the fact that Someone had a wee on the bathroom floor during the night. I think it was the cat.....
If it Was me, it meant I got up stark naked and was wandering round the house in the morning, which is when my girlfriend's brother gets home from work (he lives with us). So I really hope it wasn't me. I certainly didn't feel like I had moved from the same position when I woke up so am having very crossed fingers that it was the cat........

I wish I had a bit more self-control when it comes to my alcohol consumption. I can give up, I quit alcohol altogether for over two years once but I Really Like drinking. I wish that I would always know when I've had enough and could just leave that last cocktail that always pushes me over the edge......

I don't know that I'll ever learn but that hangover was a pretty harsh lesson yesterday in how you shouldn't drink on a work night when you have a eleven hour shift to get through the next day!

No comments: