Tuesday 24 April 2007

The Story of Why I Hate Tuesdays

I hate Tuesdays because they are my least favourite day at work.
For some reason, on Tuesday the vast majority of customers that come to play bingo are Evil. Some of them are nice, but most of them are not.
Every Tuesday, by about lunch-time, I will be in a Very Bad Mood. This is usually because numerous people will have been rude to me, talked to me like I am four years old, or just been incredably awkward. Add to that the fact that we are always short-staffed on Tuesday, (this is because the person who does the rota does not work on Tuesday, so they don't care) and you have a volatile recipe for Bad Tempers.
When I am old, every Tuesday I will go to bingo, (that is if old people are not forced to stay in their homes, which is where the government seems to think they should stay, by the time I am old) and every Tuesday I will be horrible to everyone. I will order food that I know the kitchen doesn't serve, I will only purchase my bingo books with a large purse full of pennies that I will count out very slowly whilst standing at the front of a huge queue and I will refuse to say please or thank-you. Looking forward to behaving in this way is the only thing that is currently keeping me going through my Tuesday shifts.
Today I also have the joy of knowing that my x-factor 'audition' is tomorrow and I am Very Scared about having to spend an afternoon with a large crowd of screaming people. I am not sure if it's going to be fun or complete and utter torture. I haven't told anybody I'm going, apart from my girlfriend but as she's told nearly everybody we know, they have spent the day wishing me luck and being very nice. Am hoping that as all these people are supposed to care about me, they wouldn't let me do it if they thought I was going to look a total plonker...... at least I hope not!! Fingers crossed anyway........

No comments: