Friday 25 May 2007

I Hate You Super Mario!

AAAAARRRGHH!
As I previously mentioned, I recently acquired a Gameboy DS. I've been pretty much attached to it since I bought it, and I love my new hand-held gaming console very much.
However, today, whilst near the end of New Super Mario Brothers, I got so engrossed in the level I was stuck in, I forgot to pay attention to the amount of lives I had left. As a consequence, I murdered Mario, and although I got a continue, I have lost ALL my accumulated points. It's very annoying when you've invested a lot of time in a game and something like this happens. Needless to say, I am now very cross- not only with the game but with myself, because I shouldn't feel this emotional about a child's computer game.
I genuinely felt like launching the damn thing out of the window. Luckily my girlfriend was on hand to prevent me from doing anything so stupid and I very nearly murdered her too..... Over Super Mario! God!! That would have made an interesting headline.....
I wonder if anyone has actually been a real-live victim of computer-game rage... The thing is, I can quite feasibly see it happening. I'm usually a fairly rational (if admittedly bad-tempered) person and yet the little red moustached man nearly made me have a full blown screaming match with another human being- simply because they were in the room at the same time as he pissed me off!
Dear me.....

No comments: