Wednesday 15 February 2012

Adventures in Insane Diet Land

I've recently been experimenting with Raw Veganism (badly) and have kept a diary of my exploits, which I am going to start uploading on here (with sexy pictures of salad and everything!!).


I've always been a bit obsessed with food.  Growing up in a home where we were poor and didn't have things like crisps and fizzy drink meant that as soon as I was able to earn my own money, those were pretty much the first things that I invested my hard-earned cash in.


I tend to put on weight very easily.  I also find it fairly easy to lose weight if I can stand life without crisps and alcohol for longer than five minutes.  This has resulted in a number of crazy diets over the years.  One of my personal favourites was the "Spaghetti Hoops on Toast Diet", which wasn't technically a diet but that's more or less all I ate for about six months.  I did occasionally divert from my spaghetti hoops path and switch to beans (or even beans and those tiny sausages if I was feeling especially naughty) but after a whole six months, I'd lost about three stone in weight.  


A very good friend announced recently one evening that she was giving raw veganism a go but that she was worried that it would be very difficult.....I immediately challenged her and declared loudly that actually it would be REALLY easy.  She called my bluff and said if I thought it would be so easy, why didn't I give it a go too.  I agreed.  In front of a room full of people.  Which (due to my stubborn nature) meant that I now had to give it a try.


Needless to say, although the first week went fairly well, after that the path of righteous dieting suddenly became rather difficult to negotiate.  I am still struggling with it, and will be uploading my struggles here shortly........

No comments: