Sunday 19 August 2007

The Horror of Sunday Afternoon Football

This is my second Sunday off in a Very Long Time.

We are celebrating this momentous occasion by having the football on All Afternoon. This wasn't my idea. My girlfriend and her sister's boyfriend have decided that this is the best thing we could possibly be doing with our Sunday off. I admit that the weather isn't too good, which would limit the possibility of going out and enjoying the fresh air, but I don't think that's really a good enough excuse for sitting in all day shouting at the television.

I like football. Don't get me wrong, Nothing can equal the feeling that you get when you're standing at your home-team's ground, cheering them on with thousands of other people. Plus they do Bovril at football matches, which is something I really love. However, watching random teams I don't care about in our front room just isn't as exhilarating I'm afraid.
It just doesn't do it for me.

The other thing that's making my mood less than jovial today is that my new job starts tomorrow and I have to go and stay in another city for at least three days. Maybe five. Maybe more. They haven't decided yet.
I was So pleased to get this job, I never really believed that I could do it so it's been an incredibly pleasant surprise that I did. Even the interview went well and I felt like they were actually listening to me and giving me a chance- which obviously they are now prepared to stick their necks out for. I know I'm a little bit of a risk for them as I'm not quite as qualified as I perhaps could be for my new position. But I Am a hard worker, and I Do believe in working for a company that seeks to improve the lives of their customers, rather than strip them of every penny they've got. So all these things are quite positive. I'm just nervous of the great unknown. This is due to the fact that I'm a tiny weeny bit of a control freak. I know this. I don't like being put in situation where I can't see at least five steps ahead, so all this turmoil is no doubt purely psychological. Which doesn't really make me feel much better.

Oh well, I got what I wanted. Now I just have to work out what to do with it....

No comments: