Thursday 15 April 2010

Basement Dwellers of the World, Unite!!

Damn...

I thought I'd managed to get past my seriously nerdy Internet addiction but it seems each week I am finding new guilty pleasures.

I have finally kicked the Facebook habit (to a degree) and, finally, my life has stopped being dominated by the urge to play with my farm/cafe/sorority/mafia/restaurant/town etc etc etc...

This is because I have now discovered the wonderful world of Evony, a fantabulous home for all those of us who secretly miss the joys of Civilisation. However, it seems to be sucking up such vast amounts of my time that I can't remember what my relatives look like.

I have also started talking like a Star Trek nerd, which is fine when you are talking to overweight Americans who live in Mom's basement, not so much when in conversation with people in the "real" world.

The strangest thing about it all is, I really am no better than the basement dwellers and have realised that I really AM a giant nerd.

I just get away with it cos I'm not ginger.......

No comments: